And her sock twin!
I'm having a lot of fun with all these custom orders (in case you couldn't tell). I'm hearing so many wonderful stories about dogs and the people who adopted them. What a great way to start each day!
Vacations are good things. We just got back from a wonderful week in northern Michigan, visiting my parents. They live near Traverse City, in a land of pines, crystal clear lakes, white sandy beaches and more cherry trees than you can count. My kind of place.
The kiddo surveys Lake Michigan.
The winding path to the cottage my grandparents built in Charlevoix. We used to go up there every summer when I was little. What a great place for imagining.
At the end of the Leelanau Peninsula, near the Grand Traverse Lighthouse.
Of course, no trip would be complete without visiting the local antique mall. I think my mom had more fun than I did, between carrying the baby and seeing some familiar old toys.
I loooove this photo. Kinda reminds me of things at our house.
This swan rocks. (Groan.)
Fish Town in Leland. Pretty fascinating story--it's a 145 year old fishing village that was saved by locals from being torn down. Now it's a mix of retail shops in the old shanties and fishermen walking around with their nets and waders.
No autographs, please.
Taking a break from stalking the local chipmunk, S. helps Grandma water flowers.
One of the many interesting trees in my parents' backyard.
When you live in a neighborhood where the trees are all pretty much saplings, you learn to really appreciate the woods.
Those wacky Michiganders!
One last trip to the beach.
Hope you were all able to escape for a while this summer!
I'm just kidding. It's an honor to be tagged, especially by someone like Jen over at Frazzy Dazzles.
She wants to know six random things about me, so here goes...
1. I'm a (semi-closeted) Simply Red fan and have been for over 20 years. When I tell people this, their response is almost always the same, "They're still a band?" They recently announced they were going their separate ways, and Mick Hucknall is going solo. I already bought his first CD. hehe
2. I want to live in Toronto. Always have. Always will.
3. My first cat was named Popsicle. Second one was Snickers. I think I wanted candy instead.
4. I heard a ghost when I was a child. Same ghost on two separate occasions, in the same place--the log cottage my grandparents built in the 1920s. It said, "I want my daughter back." This still gives me chills.
5. One of my favorite books is The Lorax. Everyone should read it, especially with the shape our world is in today. I always feel so sorry for the poor little Bar-ba-loots with the crummies in their tummies.
6. I have extremely vivid and crazy dreams at night. The most common theme involves packing and unpacking, going to the airport and getting on planes for faraway destinations. But the dreams are always anxiety filled and not very pleasant. Interpretations welcome!
I'm going to break the rules a bit and not pass this tag along. I have a lot of blogs that I read, but only a few bloggers who I talk with on a regular basis, and I just tagged all of them in the past couple of weeks. So I'm gonna give them a break on this one!
Alberta is expressing my feelings about the state of my blog at the moment...please bear with me! At the moment, I'm very happily booked through the end of November with custom orders, so updates to the blog and my shop will be a bit slow over the next couple of months. I'll do what I can to keep things interesting, so please check back. Thanks!